6151 West Pico Blvd. in Los Angeles - CA 90035
HIRING - ALTERATIONS MANAGER
A Career That’s Meant to Be
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
We’re looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Now Accepting Applications for Alterations Manager
The Alterations Manager is responsible for leading all activities for the alterations room and reports to the Store Manager. The Alterations Manager assists in recruiting and interviewing alterations specialists; and trains, coaches and motivates alterations specialists to provide superior customer service and make sales plan.
Our most successful Alterations Managers are self-motivated individuals with outgoing personalities, and excellent technical sewing and fitting skills. They love special occasion fashion and have expertise on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit possible. Through the Alterations Manager’s skills, vision, and informed recommendations, they will give our customers the confidence they need to choose the “one”; and they will lead and educate their team to deliver that same service.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team, help our customers dress for the most important days of their lives, and earn a competitive income, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal.
Alterations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure alterations customers receive a consistently superior shopping experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame
- Supervise the duties of all alterations associates, including alterations specialists, alterations CSRs, and pressers
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning merchandise as needed
- Ensure fitting and sewing are performed to David’s Bridal standards
- Allocate the garments on the work line to the alterations specialists as needed to maintain maximum productivity
- Ensure new alterations specialists are trained to David’s Bridal techniques and standards
- Support the education of the consultants and management in garment fit (silhouette training) and proper selection, steaming, pressing, and spot cleaning
- Generate alterations revenue by scheduling appointments to meet sales goals
- Ensure all alterations policies and procedures are followed, including the David’s Bridal price lists for all alterations.
- Ensure all administrative duties are executed in a timely manner, including the completion and submission of required paperwork
- Maintain and assist store manager in enforcing all David’s Bridal safety standards
- Maintain machines in good working order; report needed repairs via facilities requests
- Support store manager in all recruiting efforts for alterations by presenting potential candidates
- Support store manager as needed with completion of alterations schedule for store manager approval.
- Assist on the sales floor and help wedding consultants/dress specialists close sales
- Maintain the cleanliness of the workroom
- Meet with store manager weekly to discuss business and ensure profitability in the workroom
- Order and maintain the supplies necessary to run the business
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, climb, crouch, reach with arms, bend, twist, and stand
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Quality Sewing Equipment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- A 401K Program
- Paid Vacation & Paid Personal Days
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Competitive Hourly Rate + Bonus Opportunity
If you are interested in working in our stores, please note that the online application process will take approximately 30 minutes.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.