- HIRING —
- Philadelphia/Wilmington/Atlantic City, Mays Landing, NJ, US
An Internship That’s Meant to Be!
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or an internship that’s a perfect fit.
David’s Bridal is seeking interns to assist with several summer project in our Alterations Department at our various store locations in the US. If you are enrolled or soon to be enrolled in a design, patternmaking, technical design, and or merchandising program at an accredited institution, and want to work with a team of highly talented and skilled craftsman, who are committed to mentor students and introduce them to the world of bridal fashion and the business behind it, we invite you to apply.
David’s Bridal, the world’s #1 bridal retailer (with over 300 stores in 4 countries), is excited to offer internship opportunities within our Alterations Division. With 70 years of experience servicing brides, we are excited to provide interested interns with the opportunity to join our team of highly skilled individuals and craftsman, be immersed and exposed to the business of alterations, and gain experience by servicing our Bridal and Dress customers. Interns hired for this position should expect to be involved in all aspects of alterations management process, from customer facing at first fitting to hands on application at execution, working on real projects and be a part of a dynamic and artistic Team.
The benefits to the intern are exciting and important. They include working with a great team of technical enthusiasts who care deeply about producing quality work, learning the ins and outs of alterations management, and learn from some of the best seamstresses this field has to offer. In return the intern should bring essential skills to this position: excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work independently on projects, and most importantly, have a strong interest in the art of garment construction–and deconstruction, specifically bridals and special occasion dresses.
Principal Functions and Responsibilities:
- Scheduled and logged in at a minimum of 8-12 hours per week
- Meet all hours required by the educational institution within the internship period for credit
- Perform at a satisfactory level in the curriculum for full credit
- Interface with Customers (phone and in person)
- Attend Fittings (first fittings and pickups)
- Assist Alteration Managers to support alterations team members in the workroom process
- Exposure to hand sewing and machine sewing projects
- The art of pressing/steaming and package the final products for customer’s events
- Assist with documentation of productivity, supply, and inventory analysis
Knowledge + Skills
- Must be able to work in a Team environment, as well as independently, and able to communicate in English
- Have strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude
- Have interest in garment construction with some sewing experience (but not required).
- Design, Art, Business, and Marketing
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to stand, sit, crouch, bend, stoop, reach, and grasp
- Ability to lift to 50lbs
This is a paid internship, and a once in a lifetime opportunity to be play a part in our brides’ memorable and special day.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.