- NOW HIRING
- ME - South Portland
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Customer Service
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
Our team members collective drive, enthusiasm, and dedication have been foundational to our ability to serve more than 70 million customers in our more than 70 years. We remain laser-focused on the commitment we make to our customers to be there for their magical moments.
We are still hiring for temporary roles across David’s Bridal while we restructure our company through chapter 11. This may be the perfect time to try bridal if you are interested in becoming a valued partner and help our customers dress for one of the most important days of their lives.
Working in this field can offer a unique and rewarding experience, and we are excited to bring on new team members. By working together, we can use this transition period to create something incredible!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for interacting with all customers, maintaining a friendly, positive, authentic, empathetic, and professional approach, to deliver a consistent 5-star Customer Service experience. The CSR reports to the Store Manager, in partnership with the Operations Supervisor/Manager. The CSR supports the welcome desk, cash wrap, systems/processes, inventory management, and daily routines to ensure the store is foundationally excellent and that the customer has an exceptional shopping experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm over the phone, virtual chats and in person. Communicate clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving, excellent phone skills and resolving conflict.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver 5-star customer experience (myAppointments/myCustomers).
- Meet all service vows including; Prepare, Welcome, Meet Needs & Be There, for all customers, including all operational checklist tasks and meeting customers emotional and practical needs. (Confirming and preparing for all appointments, walk-in, special order pick-ups).
- Responsible for providing an exceptional service experience to multiple customers at one time and contribute to the store achievement of 5-Star Customer Service. Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alterations services and personalization options.
- Maintain store-standards (clean, organized, promotional readiness, store recovery) to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Maintain high dress code standards for her/himself per the Dress Code.
Analyzing & Decision Making
- Respond promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information. Build long-term relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Support inventory management by processing orders, receiving, and ensuring first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Work to achieve all daily, weekly, and monthly routines and tasks while planning time effectively (prioritizing).
- Support all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated. (Ask about shopping experience, sell additional add-ons and promote services, confirm contact information, review receipt/policies, and schedule all future appointments).
- Execute new processes, behaviors and programs as assigned.
- Support sale promotions and visual updates.
- Support 7% daily sales goal by offering additional product.
- Adapt style to support and influence team members.
- Accurately clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Follows all loss prevention, security processes and policies.
Developing Self & Others
- Focus on own development and learning, complete all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Celebrate successes of team members.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or processes. Capitalize on feedback from coaching conversations with managers.
- Match words with actions to build trust and respect.
- Strive to achieve results through determination and commitment.
- Keep going during difficult or challenging times/situations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within and across teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers . The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer, electronic devices and phones for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
High school diploma or an equivalent degree. Having 1 -2 years prior retail experience in an apparel, service or specialty store environment and prior experience with computerized POS system preferred.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.