- NOW HIRING
- CT - Danbury
- Store Management Careers
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
Our team members collective drive, enthusiasm, and dedication have been foundational to our ability to serve more than 70 million customers in our more than 70 years. We remain laser-focused on the commitment we make to our customers to be there for their magical moments.
We are still hiring for temporary roles across David’s Bridal while we restructure our company through chapter 11. This may be the perfect time to try bridal if you are interested in becoming a valued partner and help our customers dress for one of the most important days of their lives.
Working in this field can offer a unique and rewarding experience, and we are excited to bring on new team members. By working together, we can use this transition period to create something incredible!
The Sales Manager will effectively lead, develop and support the Stylist sales team to meet and exceed sales plans and productivity targets, build customer traffic and deliver 5-star customer service. The Sales Manager is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building with the customer; a mentor and coach to the Stylist team, and who sets expectations for 5-star customer service in order to “find the one” and support ‘her’ life event up to and beyond the event date. The Sales Manager is an individual who builds a store environment that delivers a flawless customer service and selling experience through beautiful store visual standards, execution of sales promotions and outreach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles, executes customer service strategies to deliver a Five-Star Customer Service experience.
- Maximizes appointment build and drives customer loyalty through clientele calls.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Store Manager or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Speaks to every customer before they leave the store to validate and ensure an exceptional experience, resolving any issues in the moment.
- Manages customer service strategies to deliver a 4.8 customer rating, addressing all negative reviews and solving root cause.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Motivates direct reports and team members and makes each individual feel that his/her work is important.
- Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manages with the stores customers in mind and holds their team accountable for doing the same.
- Maintains store-standards to support an exceptional customer shopping experience.
- Responsible for flawless execution of all marketing, promotions and markdowns.
- Maintains a professional dress code and ensures that all team members adhere to the company Dress Code Policy and standards.
- Leads the Stylists to achieve Total Monthly Income (TMI) Goals consistently by executing foundational excellence and performance-based leadership.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with Store Manager, drives sales through KPIs, to achieve a balanced Ranked Scorecard.
- Maintains the standards of being a role model and is committed to sales leadership of the Stylists by:
- Driving sales and customer service through constant floor management and use of SBI to develop selling skills and recognize great performance.
- Communicating daily sales goals to all associates and driving action through Chat Ins/Chat Outs.
- Monitoring individual associate performance and developing goals for improvement through coaching and feedback.
- Leading and inspiring Stylists to exceed a sales productivity per hour, bridal conversion and add-ons goals.
- Coaching the team to complete the sale on the first visit and capture future appointments.
- Leads all bridal shows and outreach initiatives in partnership with Store Manager.
- Leads execution of monthly Visual Merchandising Plan as an event, overseeing the outcome of activities and communicating the sales goals to the team.
- Manages critical thinking to identify the root cause of a metric, process or behavior and finds a solution to correct, working with Store Manager, as needed.
- Executes all critical operating procedures with accuracy and hold team accountable.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical business issues and aligns the team. Discerns what is critical and puts less important issues aside. Eliminates roadblocks.
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, layaway, mark out of stock, repairs and ensures first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Acts as a sales leader, coach and role model to Stylists through floor management.
- Builds, develops and retains high performing team members across all roles.
- Attends and participates in weekly management meetings.
- Participates in quarterly succession planning meetings with Regional Director.
- Supports weekly schedules based on productivity to meet the needs of the customer and sales while controlling total monthly income.
- Manages to achieve all daily, weekly and monthly routines and tasks while planning time effectively.
- Executes and monitors all the training for the five stages model for the Stylist, Dress Specialist and Bridal Show Reps.
- Creates a culture of inspiration by recognizing strong performance and celebrating achievements.
- Provides all team members with good working conditions and the personal respect each team member deserves
- Champions and executes new processes, behaviors and programs as assigned.
- Executes and hold team members accountable for Beautiful Store Standards, ensures flawless execution of all merchandising strategies to maximize sales. Requires all store team members to consistently maintain pristine housekeeping standards on the selling floor and back room.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision, sense of purpose, and expectations. Inspires and motivates the team to get on board.
- Adapts style to support and influence team members.
- Manages all loss prevention, security processes and policies at all times.
- Partners with the Store Manager and achieves all expense budgets including payroll, shrink, supplies, fixtures/equipment.
- Responsible to ensure that store payroll does not exceed monthly budget, accurately monitoring and acknowledging timesheets for all roles that clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Manages authorized contests in partnership with leadership team to motivate store team.
- Addresses fixture replacement and store repairs.
- Executes effective scheduling practices to maximize sales and customer service.
- Completes all action plans on a quarterly basis with Store Manager.
- Executes all aspects of operational controls flawlessly.
- Focuses on development and learning, completes all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Knowledgeable of internal business end-to-end processes and priorities and executes them to compete in the marketplace to improve service.
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute strategies to build, develop and retain all high performing team members. Plus, reduce turnover.
- Solicits feedback from Stylists that enhances business, increases sales and creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Participates in recruiting efforts through talent/new hire recommendations as directed by the Store Manager.
- Partners with Store Manager in developing employees to their full potential through coaching and training.
- Monitors all employee issues and partners with Store Manager to determine action plans and performance management strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers . The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- High School Diploma or degree.
- Two years prior retail experience, preferably in a supervisory role in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.