Retail Store Manager
- NOW HIRING
- NM - Albuquerque
- Store Management Careers
- Retail - Leadership
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
Our team members collective drive, enthusiasm, and dedication have been foundational to our ability to serve more than 70 million customers in our more than 70 years. We remain laser-focused on the commitment we make to our customers to be there for their magical moments.
We are still hiring for temporary roles across David’s Bridal while we restructure our company through chapter 11. This may be the perfect time to try bridal if you are interested in becoming a valued partner and help our customers dress for one of the most important days of their lives.
Working in this field can offer a unique and rewarding experience, and we are excited to bring on new team members. By working together, we can use this transition period to create something incredible!
As the Store Manager you will build and retain a high performing team, create a consistent environment of world class customer service, and exceed sales plan. You are adynamic, attentive, and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building with team members and customers alike, acting as a mentor, leader, and coach. You will build a climate of high performance and five-star customer service by maximizing the performance and productivity of a team of motivated, friendly, enthusiastic, and engaged team members.
Essential Job Functions:
• Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles.
• Holds the leadership team accountable for active floor management by assigning shifts, reviewing results, and providing feedback to maintain a five-star customer experience.
• Providing ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual selling skills, behaviors, and processes.
Analyzing and Decisions Making
• Responsible for the store payroll and ensure it does not exceed the monthly budget, accurately monitoring and acknowledging timesheets for all roles that clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals
• Leads the store to achieve Total Monthly Income (TMI) Goals consistently by executing foundational excellence and performance-based leadership, for front of house and alterations combined.
• Monitors inventory management, special orders, receiving processes, layaway, mark out of stock, repairs, and ensures first quality standards for all merchandise.
• Communicates daily sales goals to all team members and drives action through Chat Ins/Chat Outs.
• Monitors individual team member performance and developing action plans for improvement through weekly performance discussions using customer reviews and mystery shops.
• Builds a strong bench and talent pipeline, ensuring the store is always staffed, to achieve all staffing goals and fills open positions within 30 days.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Credentials:
High School Diploma or degree.
Four years prior retail management experience in an apparel or specialty store environment.
Prior experience with a computerized POS system.
Work Hours and Physical Demands:
Full time hours Sunday through Saturday 40 hours a week
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers. The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.