- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Analytics
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Analytics Engineer will transform raw data sources into an intuitive data model that can be consumed by the organization. They are responsible for contributing to the work product of the Analytics Engineering agile team, adhering to the defined architecture best practices of the company, and producing deliverables that meet the customer and business objectives of a given project. The Analytics Engineer will execute work with speed and quality. Finally, the Analytics Engineer will communicate when they run in to issues that stand in the way of continuous productivity.
· Contribute valuable work product as an Analytics Engineer on an agile development team. Runs queries to identify coding issues and exceptions. Completes tasks that are varied and require independent judgment.
· Work closely with team leaders to understand all functional requirements. Develops/designs solutions based on established technical design with little guidance from others. Understands and applies functional area’s strategy. Prioritizes tasks and communicates status.
· Creates documents independently with peer review. Documentation of design, development, integration/test and deployment activities. Documents processes and data dictionaries.
· Provide support and maintenance for incidents and integrated solutions. Provides support and maintenance for complicated/integrated incidents. Troubleshoots moderately complex problems and recommends appropriate action. Evaluates risk potential and recommends solutions. Surfaces issues on the project that impede the progress of the team – solving those issues that are within your control.
· Contribute to projects as a team member and participate in the agile process. Collaborates with other analytics engineers to improve systems and database designs. Involved in projects as a contributor and can lead small projects.
· Contribute to an environment of mutual respect, accountability, excellence, and professionalism.
· Assist in creating and maintaining a data pipeline architecture, work with stakeholders (e.g. business users, external partners, other IT staff) to understand raw data sources, contribute to data model that serves the organization’s needs, write reports that deliver insights to the organization, perform analysis to troubleshoot data related issues; also, assist in resolving production support issues, and assist in developing a data quality framework.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related degree required.
· 4 - 6 years in the development and design of data pipelines for datasets.
· Understanding of ETL/ELT design patterns
· Experience using RDBMS
· Strong SQL knowledge
· Ability to run queries to identify coding issues and exceptions
· Experience writing/developing reports
· Experience in source control practices
· RESTful API concepts
· Good understanding of agile development practices
· Big data technologies and concepts
· Experience working in a variety of development methodologies including Agile / SCRUM or other iterative methodologies.
· Data discovery and BI software tools (e.g. Microstrategy, PowerBI).
· Data matching concepts.
· Experience building data transformations using dbt (Data Build Tool).
· NoSql databases
· Data cloud solutions such as Snowflake.
· Experience performing statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality.
· Experience in data cleansing and data matching.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with attention to detail. Strong time management, organization and meeting management skills. Ability to mentor and review the work of other Analytics Engineers. Ability to work as an agile team with both internal and 3rd party resources (onshore / offshore).
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.