Associate Software Engineer
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Engineering
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team, solving technical problems within a project under the supervision of a Technical Development Lead for the project. The Associate Software Engineer will also partner closely with enterprise architects and other team members to execute with speed and quality. The Associate Software Engineer will support the team in timely resolution of complex issues and help maximize the productivity of the team. The Associate Software Engineer will surface and help resolve any issues that stand in the way of continuous productivity. The Associate Software Engineer will partner with team members (Technology Development Lead, Senior Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners) helping to ensure that the deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project. The Associate Software Engineer will also participate with other team members to ensure high functioning development process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute valuable work product to the best of your abilities as an associate software engineer on an agile development team, solving technical problems under the supervision of a technical development lead or senior software engineer. Serve as a technical resource on the agile development team
- Under the supervision of the Technical Development Lead and/or Senior Software Engineer for the project, process user stories and execute on technical tasks.
- Work closely with the Product owner and/or business liaison on the team to understand all functional requirement and help to ensure that your work meets the customer and business objectives of the project
- Help to ensure quality, velocity, and adherence to architectural designs and the software engineering standards of the company. Resolve technical issues on a timely basis to help ensure the continuous productivity of the team.
- Surface any other issues on the project that impede the progress of the team – solving those issues that are within your control and working other team members (such as program manager, product owner, enterprise architect or QA lead) to solve issues before they impede the progress of the team
- Contribute to the team being fully and continuously productive by identifying and removing impediments to completion of work tasks
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s software engineering standards. This includes documentation of design, development, integration/test and deployment activities
- Participate in level of effort estimation processes and leveraging your software engineering experience to provide actionable input
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
Education & Credentials:
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related degree required
- 2+ years in software development and design JAVA/J2EE Applications, including high volume/transactional enterprise systems
- Server Technologies: Open Source and Vendor supported
- Messaging Queues and Messaging Oriented Middleware
- Databases: Open Source and Vendor supported (both RDBMS and NoSql)
- Source Code Control Practices
- RESTful API concepts
- Big Data Technologies and Concepts
- Understanding of agile development practices
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices, design patterns and object-oriented technologies
- Development experience in Enterprise level Java/J2EE application environments (full web stack development)
- Experience with Git, bitbucket, continuous integration and build tools (ie. Ansible, Docker, Quickbuild, Jenkins); Project and code management in Jira
- Experience working in a variety of development methodologies including Agile / SCRUM or other iterative methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with attention to detail. Good time management and organization skills. Ability to mentor and review the work of other software engineers. Ability to work as an agile team with both internal and 3rd party resources (onshore / offshore).
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.