Senior Software Engineer
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Engineering
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team, solving technical problems within a project with little guidance or supervision and helping to ensure that your work product and that of other members of the team is of high quality and adheres to the defined architecture best practices of the company. The Senior Software Engineer will take direction from the Technology Development Lead for the projects and partner closely with enterprise architects and other team members to ensure that you understand and have internalized the high-level design of the proposed solution. The Senior Software Engineer will help to break the proposed implementation into chunks of work that can be executed with the other software engineers on the agile team. The Senior Software Engineer will help to ensure that technical and project decisions are made on a timely basis so that the team can remain continuously productive. The Senior Software Engineer will partner with team members (Technology Development Lead, Senior Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners) on the team to help to ensure that the deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project. The Senior Software Engineer will set an example and provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers to ensure the success and high productivity of the team and to continuously enhance the team’s development process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute valuable work product to the best of your abilities as a software engineer on an agile development team, solving complex and challenging technical problems under the supervision of a technical development lead or senior software engineer. Serve as an engineering resource on the agile development team
- Partner with team members and enterprise architects to understand and help to process through high-level architecture of a solution as defined by the architect(s), as well as epics and user stories, translating them into actionable items for yourself and other team members of the agile team. Work closely with the product owner and/or business liaison on the team to understand all functional requirements and help to ensure that the work product of the team meets the customer and business objectives of the project.
- Help to ensure quality, velocity, and adherence to architectural designs and the software engineering standards of the company. This is to include documentation of design, development, integration/Test and deployment activities. Resolve technical issues on a timely basis to help ensure the continuous productivity of the team.
- Surface any other issues on the project that impede the progress of the team – solving those issues that are within your control and driving other team members (such as program manager, product owner, enterprise architect or QA lead) to solve issues before they impede the progress of the software engineers.
- Coordinate with other David’s Bridal agile development teams and/or external technology providers to ensure the delivery of their work product meets the functional and quality requirements we have defined. Help ensure adherence to best software engineering practices, such as code reviews and the development of unit tests.
- Serve as a member of the agile development team – together with the technical development lead, senior software engineer, program manager, QA lead, architect, and product owner – helping to ensure a high functioning cohesive team. You will foster an environment of mutual respect, accountability, and excellence, and you will work with other team members to resolve conflicts within the team in a speedy, productive and professional manner
- Participate in level of effort estimation processes and leveraging your software engineering experience to provide actionable input
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
Education & Credentials:
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related degree required
- 4+ years in software development and design JAVA/J2EE Applications, including high volume/transactional enterprise systems
- Server Technologies: Open Source and Vendor supported
- Messaging Queues and Messaging Oriented Middleware
- Databases: Open Source and Vendor supported (both RDBMS and NoSql)
- Source Code Control Practices
- RESTful API concepts
- Big Data Technologies and Concepts
- Understanding of agile development practices
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices, design patterns and object-oriented technologies
- Development experience in Enterprise level Java/J2EE application environments (full web stack development)
- Experience with Git, bitbucket, continuous integration and build tools (ie. Ansible, Docker, Quickbuild, Jenkins); Project and code management in Jira
- Experience working in a variety of development methodologies including Agile / SCRUM or other iterative methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with attention to detail. Good time management and organization skills. Ability to mentor and review the work of other software engineers. Ability to work as an agile team with both internal and 3rd party resources (onshore / offshore).
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.