Seamstress Tailor Sewing Specialist
- NOW HIRING
- WI - Madison
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
We are looking to grow our Alterations business to be 25% of our top line sales in the next 2-4 years, and we are looking for talented seamstresses with multiple skill sets to champion this growth! Our most successful Alterations Specialists, from beginner to expert level, are self-motivated individuals with a passion for sewing and fitting. They love special occasion fashion and have expertise on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit possible. Through the Alterations Specialist skills, vision, and informed recommendations, they provide support to our customers and the confidence they need to help choose the “one”!
If you would like to be part of a bridal company that dominates their industry – 1 out of 3 dresses being sold by them, and with one of the highest customer service scores, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal! Join to earn additional income, to benefit from a great discount, or to be part of something unique and special!
Alterations Specialists are responsible for completing all fittings and alterations to the high standards of David’s Bridal and reports to the Store Manager. S/he is responsible for exemplifying friendly, knowledgeable and technical expertise and providing superior customer service. Alterations Specialists are members of the store team and demonstrate the value and qualities of the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm over the phone, virtual chats and in person, communicates clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving, excellent phone skills and resolving conflict.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver five-star customer experience.
- Maintain all service levels by being Prepared, Welcoming, Meet the Needs & Be There for all our customers, this includes all operational checklist task and meeting customers emotional and practical needs.
- Responsible for providing an exceptional service experience to multiple customers at one time. Plus contribute to the store achievement of Five-Star Customer Service.
- Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alteration services and personalization options.
- Assists stylists in closing sales by consulting with customers regarding gown fit and customization.
- Maintain store-standards to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Maintain a high standard of dress that complies with the Dress Code Policy.
- Greets and escorts all alterations customers to and from alterations appointments.
- Maintains quality control guidelines and inspects all garments altered/steamed/pressed to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions by providing product and service information.
- Builds long-term relationships with customers to meet and exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintains inventory management by processing special orders pick-ups and ensuring first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Ensure that alteration pricing is at company standards.
- Manage all alterations, fittings and sewing's, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning of garments to company standards.
- Resolve customer service issues in a swift and effective manner that complies with company guidelines.
- Supports all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated.
- Maintain the alterations room so that it is consistently clean and well-organized.
- Performs duties and tasks as assigned by store management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist and stand; move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, steaming garments, accessing computers and receiving or initiating telephone calls. Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings to David’s Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift/and or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer, electronic devices and phones for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 1-2 years prior retail experience in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in bridal and/or special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS (Point of Sale) system is a plus.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Part Time Benefits Include –
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Team Bonus
- Dayforce Wallet – Get Paid Early!
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Vision Care
- Supplemental Insurances- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accidental Injury
- 401K Program
- Discount for Identity Theft Protection
- Discounts Home and Auto Insurance
- Discounts Mobile
- Legal Benefits (MetLife Hyatt Legal Plans)
- Pet Insurance
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.