- NOW HIRING
- PA - Bristol
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Alterations
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the corporate career that’s a perfect fit.
Now Accepting Applications for Alterations Specialist
The Alterations Specialist repairs store returned dresses to 1st quality for return to available inventory. This individual may also perform repairs of QC failed product to achieve remediation to 1st quality and timely flow of product to available inventory.
The Alteration’s Specialist is responsible for repairing dresses with various levels of damage through hand or machine sewing methods, pressing, steaming, spot cleaning, fabric manipulation, etc. Recognizes embellishment patterns in order to replace beads and sequins.
Our most successful Alterations Specialist are self-motivated individuals with outgoing personalities, and excellent technical sewing skills. They love special occasion fashion and have expertise on how to tailor and repair a garment to ensure the best look possible.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team, help our customers dress for the most important days of their lives, and earn a competitive income, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal.
- Perform all necessary customer garment fittings to David’s Bridal standards
- Contributes to the team effort as a cross-functional team member by completing various tasks in support of the business needs and objectives within the Return Processing and DC Special Projects Department, Warehouse Departments and Quality Control as needed. Tasks may include, but are not limited to inspection of new product, product or carton sorting, re-ticketing, repackaging, QC Order inspection, etc.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by maintaining workstations neat and clean; complying with safety procedures, rules and wearing PPE such as harness when driving a forklift, hard hats, gloves, back belts, etc.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to move throughout the store, lift up to 10 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, stand, and reach with arms
Alterations Specialist Required Skills and Abilities;
- Ability to sew by hand a must; Ability to sew with a sewing machine a plus;
- Ability to assess product as 1st quality using set criteria and range of tolerances; Attention to detail a must;
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; Ability to read a ruler, take a measurement with accuracy and determine if the measurement falls within the range of tolerance
Pay and Perks:
Competitive pay starting at $15.50/hr. with a $0.50 increase after 90 days, plus the opportunity for productivity pay. Perks include Full time Consistent schedules, Benefit Eligibility, Employee Discount, Paid Holidays, PTO, and Monthly Safety Rewards
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.