- NOW HIRING
- IN - Evansville
- Store Management Careers
- Retail - Leadership
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit. We’re looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Now Accepting Applications!
The Store Manager builds and retains a high performing team, creates aconsistentenvironmentofworldclasscustomerservice andexceedssalesplanthroughfoundationalexcellence.The Store Manager is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building withteam members and customers alike; acting as a mentor, leader and coach. The Store Manager builds a climateof high performance and five-star customer service by maximizing the performance and productivity of a teamofmotivated,friendly,enthusiasticandengagedteammembers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leadsandmodels acustomerfirstcultureacross allroles.
- Holdstheleadershipteamaccountableforactivefloor management by assigningshifts, reviewing resultsandprovidingfeedback tomaintaina five-starcustomer experience.
- Monitorsindividualteammemberperformanceanddevelopingaction plansforimprovement t through weeklyperformancediscussionsusingcustomer reviews,mysteryshops and through the use of SBIcoaching.
- Providingongoingcoaching andtrainingtoenhanceindividualsellingskills,behaviorsandprocesses.
- Coachingtheteamtoachieveallset productivity goals for front of house and alterations.
- Drives customer loyalty by clientele calls to maximize appointment build and provide customer service for theentireevent.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Respondpromptlytoallcustomer questionsprovidingproduct andserviceinformation.
- Buildsrelationshipstomeet and exceedcustomer satisfactionandloyalty.
- Speakstoeverycustomerbeforetheyleavetovalidate theirexperience,resolving anyissuesinthemoment.
- Develops and manages customer service strategies to deliver a 4.8 customer rating, addressing all negative reviewsandsolving rootcause.
- Sets expectations and holds team accountable to achieve “Hall of Fame” goals/status and Diamond Loyalty Store club.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Manages to motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members or projectmembers.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Acts withcustomersinmindandholdstheirteamaccountablefordoingthesame.
- Maintainsstore-standardstosupportaflawlessshopping experience.
- Responsibleforflawlessexecution ofallmarketing,promotionsandmarkdowns.
- Maintains a professional dress code and adheres to the company DressCode policy. Plus holds all team members to the same standards.
- LeadsthestoretoachieveTotalMonthly Income (TMI) Goalsconsistentlybyexecutingfoundationalexcellenceand performance-basedleadership,forfrontofhouseandalterationscombined.·
- Managesturnovergoalsbyrolebyreviewing applicationsandconductingtwointerviews for all team members.
- Usescriticalthinking toidentify arootcauseofametric, processorbehavior andfinds a solution tocorrect,working withRegionalDirector asneeded.
- Executesallcritical operatingprocedureswithaccuracyandhold the teamaccountable.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, business acumen, experience, and judgment. Sought out by others foradviceandsolutions.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical business issues and aligns the team. Discerns what is critical and puts less importantissuesaside.Eliminatesroadblocks.
- Monitorsinventory management, special orders,receiving processes, layaway,mark outof stock,repairs,andensures firstqualitystandardsforallmerchandise.
- Communicatesdailysalesgoalstoallteammembersanddrivesaction throughChatIns/Chat Outs.
- Leadsnetworkingeffortstostaffthestore,schedulingtimeweeklytonetworkandhireteammemberswhoseavailability,experienceandqualificationsmeets thestore’sneeds.
- Buildsastrongbenchandtalentpipeline, ensuringthestoreisalwaysstaffed,toachieveallstaffinggoalsand fillsopenpositionswithin30days.
- Participatesinquarterly successionplanningmeetings withRegionalDirector.
- Conductscoachingconversationswitheveryteammember,weekly, biweeklyandmonthly basedonroleandteammemberperformance.
- Createsanoptimized schedulethatmeetstheneeds ofthebusiness,reviewedquarterly.
- Writesweeklyschedules basedonproductivitytomeettheneedsofthecustomerandsaleswhilecontrollingtotalmonthlyincome.
- Guidesthedevelopmentofconsistentroutines throughoutthestoreatalllevels,Workstoachieve alldaily, weekly andmonthlyroutines andtaskswhileplanningtimeeffectively.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for all team members to ensure each team member hascompetedrolespecifictraining that theyneedtobesuccessful.
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Regional Director, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance management strategy to improve individual performance and the team as a whole.
- Deals with performance issues directly and timely. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities.
- Createsa sales cultureofinspirationbyrecognizingstrong performanceandcelebratingachievements,
- Providesallteammemberswithgoodworking conditionsandthepersonalrespect eachteammember deserves.
Championsandexecutesnewprocesses,programs and behaviorsasassigned.
- Relateswelltoallkinds ofpeople.Builds appropriaterapport.Isapproachable.Builds constructiveandeffective relationships.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Faces adversity head on and is energized by toughchallenges.
- Executes and holds team members accountable for Beautiful Store Standards to ensure flawless execution of allmerchandising strategies to maximize sales. Requires all store team members to consistently maintain pristinehousekeepingstandards onthesellingfloorandbackroom.
- Communicatesacompellingandinspiredvision, senseofpurpose andexpectations.Inspires andmotivates theteamtogetonboard.Adapts styletosupport andinfluenceteammembers.
- budgetsincludingpayroll, shrink,supplies,fixtures/equipmentandtravel.
- Responsible for the storepayroll and ensure it doesnotexceed the monthlybudget, accuratelymonitoringand acknowledgingtimesheetsforallrolesthatclockinandoutforallscheduled shifts,breaksandmeals.
- Executesallaspects ofoperationalcontrols.
- Followsallprocedurestoensureaccuracy ofbi-annualphysical inventories.
- Managesauthorizedcontests inpartnershipwithleadershipteamtomotivate storeteam.
- Focus on own development and learning, complete all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Holds frequent performance and development discussions. Ensures that the team and direct reports have theskills andtrainingtheyneed.Takesquickaction tobridgeanytrainingorlearninggaps.
- Knowledgeable of internal business end-to-end processes and priorities and executes them to compete inthemarketplacetoimproveservice.
- Opentocoaching andfeedbacktoimprovebehaviors and/orprocesses.Capitalizesonfeedbackfromcoaching/SBIconversationswithmanagers.·
- Genuinely cares about people. Is available and ready to help. Demonstrates real empathy with the joys andpainsofothers.
- MonitorsEventTeamCaptainstrategy to lead all bridal shows and outreach initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods oftime; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk toand hear customers . The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see upclose and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and useacomputer andallotherelectronicdevices forlongperiodsoftime.
- High School Diploma or degree.
- Fouryearsprior retailmanagementexperienceinanapparel orspecialtystore environment.
- Priorexperience with a computerizedPOSsystem.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.