- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Buying
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Buyer combines fashion awareness, knowledge of the David’s Bridal customer and understanding of David’s Bridal business strategy with strong analytical skills and business acumen to bring customers appealing product choices at David’s Bridal’s target mix of fashion, quality and price to achieve sales and financial goals.
· Develop and execute a business strategy and goals across distribution channels in partnership with the senior merchant team, identifying opportunities and developing solutions to meet or exceed goals and respond to the changing needs of the business. In partnership with planning build an assortment that has diverse, clear price points and that meets the varying needs and preferences of the David’s Bridal customer. Collaborate with other buying divisions to ensure consistency across merchandise types; demand planning team to ensure inventory flows when and where needed; visual merchandising on merchandise presentation.
· Partner with planning team in development of financial goals and open to buy.
· Work collaboratively with vendors and/or design and product development to create merchandise that achieves the target mix of fashion, quality and price; that coordinates across merchandise types; and meets the varying needs and preferences of the David’s Bridal customer. Negotiate prices with source supplier.
· Analyze Business to drive sales; confirm core continuing styles/items, identify markdowns and newness; re-forecast as needed. In buying and cross-functional meetings, prepare and present clear, well-reasoned viewpoints based on data, information and experience.
· Work in partnership with senior buying team on marketing layouts for print, web and social media.
· Team Leadership and Mentoring - Supervise day-to-day work; train, develop and manage performance of associate and/or assistant buyer and merchandising assistants, including making recommendations on hiring, counseling, review, promotion and retention.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Some Travel Required (1 - 2 times per quarter)
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.