Manager Product Development
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Merchandise - Product
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Product Development Manager is a dynamic, multi-faceted cross functional team member who partners with merchandising, design and the global supply chain to achieve aesthetically pleasing and quality product that meets both cost and delivery targets.
- Provide direction and research on fabric trend for adult social, Junior social, Bridesmaids, LWD, and Accessories. Issue seasonal Fabric trend report to the US and JV design teams as well as merchant teams. Collaborate with the color team on seasonal palettes for multiple product lines
- Direct fabric development, procurement, and sourcing, cost, availability, and minimums for all divisions of the business. Negotiate fabric and trim costs where needed.
- Define and address issues and concerns that impact cost and styling during the product development process. Offer solutions to hit financial goals. Use knowledge of garment construction to make style adjustments to achieve IMU target and help facilitate fit notes
- Manage the Sketch review and sketch selection process with design and merchant teams for all divisions. Communicate all sketch details and issue line sheets to the JV detailing fabrics trims, and style changes. Assure that product development calendar milestones are met
- Provide seasonal direction on Print for all divisions. Manage the acquisition and execution of printed fabrics through print houses and freelancers including purchase and budget, colorization, strike off and production.
- Participate in all product fittings, offer solutions to fit and sizing issues.
- Build, update and maintain working fabric library for all divisions and of the business
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Required or Preferred):
- Education: Bachelors in textiles or fashion preferred
- Years of related experience: 10+ years preferred
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, and reach
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Ability to travel by car, rail, or air
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.