- NOW HIRING
- CA - Murrieta
- Store Hourly Careers
The Alterations Intern will be immersed and exposed to all facets of the alterations business through servicing our Bridal and Dress customers. The Alterations Intern will be expected to assist with all the aspects of the alterations management process, from learning how and when a product is sold, what happens when it is received by the store and be engaged with our customers at their first fitting through final pickup. The Alterations Intern will learn the procedures and policies of the Alterations workroom. They will gain an understanding of the retail business by learning and completing skill level assessments, plus doing repetitive applications under the guidance of the Alterations Manager and other experts in the department. The Alterations Intern will be increasing their skill sets by preparing garments for sewing by hand and machine, pressing, steaming and customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with Customers by phone and in person on the sales floor.
- Attend Fittings (first fittings and pickups)
- Assist the Alterations Manager and the alterations team with all workroom duties and responsibilities.
- Gain experience and exposure to hand sewing and machine sewing projects.
- Experience the art of pressing/steaming and packaging the final products for our customer’s events.
- Assist with documentation for productivity, supply and inventory analysis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Alterations Intern is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time. You will need to reach for tools and objects with hands and arms, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear customers. S/He must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The Alterations Intern must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception.
Education & Credentials:
- Enrolled in a full or part time degree program, or recently graduated and needs educational credit.
- Have an interest in garment construction with some sewing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrate initiative along with a positive attitude.