Retail Manager - Alterations
- NOW HIRING
- NY - Yonkers
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit. We’re looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Now Accepting Applications!
Now Accepting Applications for Retail Manager-Alterations
We are looking to grow the Alterations business to be 25% of our top line sales in the next 2-4 years, and we are looking for a Retail Manager that will champion this growth by leading all activities for the alterations room and reporting to the Store Manager. The Alterations Manager assists in recruiting and interviewing alterations specialists; and trains, coaches and motivates alterations specialists to provide superior customer service and make sales plan. They will assist their team to make the imperfection beautiful and perfectly fitted, without compromising the designer’s vision.
Our most successful Alterations Managers are self-motivated individuals with outgoing personalities, and excellent managerial skills.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team, help our customers dress for the most important days of their lives, and earn a competitive income, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal.
Alterations Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure alterations customers receive a consistently superior shopping experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame.
- Supervise the duties of all alteration’s associates, including alterations specialists, alterations CSRs, and pressers.
- Ensure fitting and sewing are performed to David’s Bridal standards.
- Allocate the garments on the work line to the alterations specialists as needed to maintain maximum productivity.
- Ensure new alterations specialists are trained to David’s Bridal techniques and standards.
- Support the education of the consultants and management in garment fit (silhouette training) and proper selection, steaming, pressing, and spot cleaning.
- Generate alterations revenue by scheduling appointments to meet sales goals.
- Ensure all alterations policies and procedures are followed, including the David’s Bridal price lists for all alterations.
- Ensure all administrative duties are executed in a timely manner, including the completion and submission of required paperwork.
- Maintain and assist store manager in enforcing all David’s Bridal safety standards.
- Maintain machines in good working order; report needed repairs via facilities requests.
- Support store manager in all recruiting efforts for alterations by presenting potential candidates.
- Support store manager as needed with completion of alterations schedule for store manager approval.
- Assist on the sales floor and help wedding consultants/dress specialists’ close sales.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the workroom.
- Meet with store manager weekly to discuss business and ensure profitability in the workroom.
- Order and maintain the supplies necessary to run the business.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, climb, crouch, reach with arms, bend, twist, and stand.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.