Director IT Infrastructure
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Leadership
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Director, IT Infrastructure is responsible for the design, build, and implementation of servers, databases, networks, corporate mobile devices, security engineering, application monitoring/alerting, and deployment automation. The Director will partner closely with one or more application leaders and business partners to ensure an understanding of the high-level design of proposed solutions and will then create an implementation plan, breaking the work into bite-size chunks that can be executed by the team ensuring maximum efficiency. The Director ensures the work products of all team members is of high quality and adheres to the architecture standards and engineering practices of the company. In addition, this individual will contribute work product to the team as an engineer as needed. The Director is responsible for supervising of one or more managers of engineers, senior engineers, engineers and/or associate engineers, providing mentorship and leadership, supporting their professional development, ensuring they contribute at a level commensurate with their position, helping them to resolve work issues, and taking corrective actions when required.
- Accountable for the throughput and quality of the engineers, and the adherence of their work product to the architectural design of the project and engineering practices of the company.
- Partners closely with one or more application leaders and architects to understand and internalize the high-level architecture of a solution as defined by the architect(s) and translate that into an implementation plan for the engineers. Coordinates with external technology providers, application solution teams, and business partners to ensure the delivery of their work product meets requirements. Crosses boundaries proactively and operates collaborative.
- Drives for repeatability and automation of manual processes for maximum efficiency and resource utilization, advocate for addressing tech debt.
- Resolves technical issues on a timely basis to ensure the continuous productivity of all engineers on the team; leads technical design to investigate technically complex issues, identify optimal solutions, and then breaks these solutions into tasks that can be executed upon by the engineers, all while ensuring that the progress of the team is on track.
- Contributes valuable work product as an engineer as needed.
- Recruits and leads a team of high performing engineers and managers of engineers, helping to develop their craft and career paths
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Years of Related Experience: 4+ years providing specific direction to and/or managing engineers and leaders of engineers.
- Required Skills & Abilities: 10+ years in IT infrastructure and design of related solutions, including high volume / transactional enterprise systems.
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.