- NOW HIRING
- MN - Rochester
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit. We’re looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Now Accepting Applications!
The Alterations Manager leads all activities for the alterations room and reports to the Store Manager. The Alterations Manager assists the Store Manager in recruiting and interviewing Alterations Specialists, all levels and Alterations CSRs. S/he trains, coaches and motivates Alterations associates to provide superior customer service, make sales plan and achieve Hall of Fame status. S/he is a key holder and may periodically be responsible for opening the store and performing related responsibilities. S/he is a key member of the store management team and is a role model for store team members in demonstrating the values and qualities that characterize the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles.
- Holds the team accountable through assigning shifts, activities, reviewing results and providing feedback to maintain a five-star customer experience.
- Monitors individual team members performance and develops action plans for improvement through weekly performance discussions using, observations, customer review, mystery shops through coaching and development.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual selling skills, behaviors and processes.
- Coaches the team on how to achieve all set goals
- Drives customer loyalty by making clientele calls to maximize appointments, builds and provides customer service.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Store Manager, Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Builds relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Speakstoeverycustomerbeforetheyleavetovalidate theirexperience,resolving anyissues.
- Creates a climate in which team members want to do their best.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Maintainsstore-standardstosupportaflawlessshopping experience.
- Maintainsa highlevel for the dress codestandards.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with the Store Manager through key metrics.
- Floor Manager during peak sales times to offer fit and alterations consultations.
- Communicating daily sales goals to all Alterations team members
- Assists Store Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring Alterations associates.
- Trains Alterations Specialists in fitting and sewing techniques, building talent internally.
- Ensures ongoing product education for all Alterations team members.
- Supports an environment focused on training, retention, reward and recognition.
- Assists the Store Manager in educating stylists regarding gown/dress silhouette, garment fit, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning.
- Monitorsinventory management, special orders,mark outof stock,repairs,andensuring firstqualitystandardsforallmerchandise.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for all team members to ensure each team member has competed role specific training they need to be successful
- Ensures performance management strategy is implemented and consistent at all levels
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Store Manager, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance management strategy to improve individual performance and the team as a whole. Deals with performance issues directly and timely. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Is a focused listener who finds common ground.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist, stand and move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, accessing computers and initiating and receiving telephone calls. Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings to David’s Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- One-year prior management experience.
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in a bridal and/or special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system and ability to use one.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.