Assistant Buyer for Accessories
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Buying
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Assistant Buyer provides administrative support to a buyer/senior buyer while learning buying skills in a fast-paced business environment under the guidance of an experienced buyer. The Assistant Buyer is responsible for style and purchase order set up and maintenance, works closely with the buyer/senior buyer on all aspects of eCommerce, as well as doing competitive research, business report generation with analysis and generally assisting the buyer/senior buyer while learning buying skills.
- Responsible for style setups, size breaks and purchase order creation and maintenance. Reviews purchase orders for accuracy. Updates monthly assortment sheets and key merchant documents based on new orders/order changes. Collaborates cross-functionally with Merchandise Operations and Demand Planning teams on execution.
- Communicate with vendors/production on orders to ensure on time delivery, samples and product development. Responsible for keeping buyer/senior buyer informed on all pertinent information.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute weekly/monthly standardized reporting. Analyze weekly selling reports and make action recommendations to buyer based on insights. Run, review and flag weekly on-order report.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate information across critical documents and cross functional touchpoints including product projection review (Demand Planning), floorset layouts (Visual), product education (Learning & Development), style launches (Web Operations), marketing collateral (Marketing/Social).
- Collaborate closely with buyer/senior buyer on all aspects of ecommerce. Partner with Copy on product descriptions/information for display on product pages. Partner with Creative to ensure product imagery is captured accurately.
- Curate competitive research by visiting/calling competitors’ stores and scouring competitors’ websites then assembling and analyzing information to convey knowledge of competition and how it impacts business. Inform product voids, messaging/promotional opportunities, customer service enhancements including site experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 1 plus years of related experience and/or training.
- Some Travel Required (1 - 2 times per quarter).
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.