Store Merchandise Planning Manager
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Merchandise - Planning Supply Chain
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Manager of Store Planning leads the execution of Store Merchandise planning initiatives and processes in partnership with the VP, Planning, and Inventory Management. This role will drive and elevate the Store Merchandise Planning process. The manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to optimize store performance for the entire group of stores based on review of sales and inventory productivity, regional product penetration all with focus on meeting new store objectives. The Manager, Store Planning works closely with Planning leadership, Demand Planning, Real Estate, Inventory Control, Supply Chain and Visual to align, ideate, develop, and execute store strategies, as well as assess and implement improvement opportunities, and mitigate risks.
- Analyze the business from a sales and inventory perspective at a store & store attribute level.
- Identify opportunities to drive sales and maximize inventory at the individual store level through assortment/allocation strategies in partnership with cross functional partners.
- Analysis to pinpoint opportunities to right size inventory and manage end of lifecycle product in partnership with Demand Planning & Merch Planning.
- Manage transfers, in partnership with Demand Planning, as needed
- Build store reporting in partnership with the Manager of Data Analytics & Reporting
- Assess and manage store rankings in partnership with Demand Planning. Review rankings with each season or buy cycle & make necessary adjustments
- Support analytical inputs for the Real Estate work stream
- Partner with Demand Planning on new & relocation stores
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Required or Preferred):
- Education: BA/BS
- Years of related experience: 8-10
- Ability to influence cross functional partners
- Strong intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, critical and independent thinking skills, willingness to take calculated risks, and a motivation to learn
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using Excel (advanced skills required; Visual Basic macros is a plus)
- Proficiency with retail business metrics and reporting software suites (MicroStrategy, Microsoft Access etc.)
- Strong desire to learn new tools/technologies and drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and to plan and implement effective solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a bias towards results-oriented communication
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, often ambiguous, and fast-paced environment while staying organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to travel by car, rail or air
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.