Senior Merchandise Planner Bridesmaids
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Planning Supply Chain
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Senior Merchandise Planner works in close partnership with senior planning management and the buying team to set seasonal merchandise sales, margin, and inventory parameters and manage the plans to achieve sales, turn, and return-on-investment goals. The Senior Merchandise Planner is considered a position expert who collaborates proactively with cross-functional teams from merchandise planning, buying, marketing, finance and the distribution center. The Senior Merchandise Planner is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and development of a merchandise planner and/or associate and/or assistant planner.
- Responsible for managing monthly open to buy; advise demand planner and buying team on inventory metrics, sales, margin, inventory and promotional changes.
- Make in-season recommendations/decisions on business approaches, including pricing, sales driving promotions, and inventory flow remediation.
- Optimize markdowns and liquidations on underperforming merchandise.
- Make pre-season inventory management recommendations including: assortment gaps, liquidation candidates, markdown/buyback requirements, mix of novelty/fashion, and benchmarks for productivity.
- Analyze and contribute recommendations on cost/benefit of assortment expansion, changes in pricing or promotional strategies, extra services, special programs, vendor diversification, and company-wide expansions of inventory.
- Analyze and make recommendations on return on investment of styles/SKUs. Make presentations with strong point of view in sales projection review and production projection review alignment meetings with demand planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7 plus years of increasing responsibility in merchandise and/or demand planning.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to interpret information from multiple sources to make decisions, ability to think strategically, particularly for the long term, as well as critically.
- Ability to delegate and provide prompt, clear, constructive direction and feedback in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working partnerships, both within the company and with outside vendors.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Minimal Travel Required (1 – 2 times per year).
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.