Special Assignment Ops Supervisor (Internal)
- NOW HIRING
- FL - Pensacola
- Store Management Careers
- Retail - Leadership
special assignment operations supervisor
Now Accepting Internal Applications for Special Assignment Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor supports the Store Manager in aspects of the store. They will assist in the achievement of sale goals, Five-Star Customer Service and profitability goals through program execution and foundational excellence. The Operations Supervisor is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered operational excellence; a mentor and coach to the Customer Service Representative's team, who sets expectations for Five-Star Customer Service. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for adhering to all standard operating procedures to ensure flawless execution of core processes and programs including accurate receiving, inventory tracking and welcome desk procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles, executes customer service strategies to deliver a Five-Star Customer Service experience.
- Drives efforts to build customer relationships and maximize appointments.
- Responsible for flawless execution of all welcome desk activities.
- Manages by using the LAST model concept to resolve customer service issues independently.
- Partners with Store Manager, Sales Manager or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Ensures support and receiving functions are contributing to a Five-Star Customer Service experience for our customers.
- Speaks to every customer before they leave to validate their experience, resolving any issues in the moment.
- Motivates the store teams, direct reports and project members.
- Manages to each individual feel his/her work is important.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Maintains store-standards to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Responsible for flawless execution of all marketing, promotions and markdowns.
- Maintains a professional appearance that adheres to the company Dress Code policy and coaches all team members on the policy.
- Leads and develops the Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to achieve Total Monthly Income (TMI) Goals consistently by executing foundational excellence and performance-based leadership.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with Store Manager, drives sales through KPIs, to achieve a balanced Ranked Scorecard.
- Acts as a sales leader, coaches and is a role model to the Stylists through floor management.
- Contributes to total store team sales goals on a weekly basis.
- Uses critical thinking to identify root cause of a metric, process or behavior and finds solution to correct, working with Store Manager, as needed.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical business issues and aligns the team.
- Discerns what is critical and puts less important issues aside. Eliminates roadblocks.
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, layaway, mark out of stock, repairs, and ensuring first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for CSRs.
- Champions and executes new processes, behaviors and programs as assigned.
- Executes and holds team members accountable for a beautiful store, which ensures flawless execution of all merchandising strategies to maximize sales.
- Requires all store team members to consistently maintain pristine housekeeping standards on the selling floor and back room.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision, sense of purpose and expectations.
- Inspires and motivates the team to get on board with Standard Operational Procedures.
- Adapts style to support and influence team members.
- Monitors timely completion of tasks in Task Management system.
- Reviews inventory received to ensure that only first-quality merchandise is made available.
- Oversees receipt and preparation of product for sales floor.
- Ensures prompt and accurate special order receiving, customer notification for pick-up within 7 days and manages non-picked up orders over 30 days.
- Maintains layaway organization and payment compliance.
- Conducts monthly special order verification.
- Completes store MOS in adherence to policy/procedure.
- Partners with Store Manager to prepare for bi-annual physical inventories.
- Follows all loss prevention, security processes and policies at all times.
- Responsible to ensure that store payroll does not exceed monthly budget, accurately monitoring and acknowledging timesheets for all roles that clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Manages authorized contests in partnership with leadership team to motivate store team.
- Addresses fixture replacement and store repairs.
- Executes effective scheduling practices to maximize sales and customer service.
- Completes all action plans on a quarterly basis with Store Manager.
- Focuses on development and learning, completes all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Knowledgeable of internal business end-to-end processes and priorities and executes them to compete in the marketplace to improve service.
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute strategies to build, develop and retain a high performing team and reducing turnover.
- Ensures CSRs are fully trained using CSR/Receiving training module, myAppointments and register functions.
- Partners with Store Manager in developing employees to reach their full potential through coaching and training.
- Trains CSRs to accurately prepare and process all incoming and outgoing shipments in accordance with David’s Bridal procedures.
- Solicits feedback from CSRs that enhances the business and creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Creates a culture of inspiration by recognizing strong performance and celebrating achievements of team members.
- Provides all associates with good working conditions.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or processes.
- Capitalizes on feedback from coaching/SBI conversations from the Store Manager.
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers . The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or degree required.
- One-year prior retail experience, preferably in a supervisory role, in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system.
Our most successful Operation Supervisors are self-motivated and organized individuals. They have upbeat, outgoing personalities and excellent communication skills. They’re capable of serving our internal and external customers in a sincere, thoughtful, and encouraging way.
Thank you for considering the opportunity to step up in this temporary role to assist your store!
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.