Special Assignment Alterations Manager
- NOW HIRING
- NS - Dartmouth
- Store Management Careers
- Retail - Leadership
The Special Assignment Alterations Manager leads all activities for the alterations room and reports to the Store Manager. The Special Assignment Alterations Manager assists the Store Manager in recruiting and interviewing Alterations Specialists, all levels and Alterations CSRs. S/he trains, coaches and motivates Alterations associates to provide superior customer service, make sales plan and achieve Hall of Fame status. S/he is a key holder and may periodically be responsible for opening the store and performing related responsibilities. S/he is a key member of the store management team and is a role model for store team members in demonstrating the values and qualities that characterize the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles.
- Holds the team accountable through assigning shifts, activities, reviewing results and providing feedback to maintain a five-star customer experience.
- Monitors individual team members performance and develops action plans for improvement through weekly performance discussions using, observations, customer review, mystery shops through coaching and development.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual selling skills, behaviors and processes.
- Coaches the team on how to achieve all set goals
- Drives customer loyalty by making clientele calls to maximize appointments, builds and provides customer service.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Store Manager, Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Builds relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Speaks to every customer before they leave to validate their experience, resolving any issues.
- Creates a climate in which team members want to do their best.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Maintains store-standards to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Maintains a high level for the dress code standards.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with the Store Manager through key metrics.
- Floor Manager during peak sales times to offer fit and alterations consultations.
- Communicating daily sales goals to all Alterations team members
- Assists Store Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring Alterations associates.
- Trains Alterations Specialists in fitting and sewing techniques, building talent internally.
- Ensures ongoing product education for all Alterations team members.
- Supports an environment focused on training, retention, reward and recognition.
- Assists the Store Manager in educating stylists regarding gown/dress silhouette, garment fit, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning.
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, mark out of stock, repairs, and ensuring first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for all team members to ensure each team member has competed role specific training they need to be successful
- Ensures performance management strategy is implemented and consistent at all levels
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Store Manager, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance management strategy to improve individual performance and the team as a whole. Deals with performance issues directly and timely. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Is a focused listener who finds common ground.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist, stand and move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, accessing computers and initiating and receiving telephone calls. Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings to David’s Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- One-year prior management experience.
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in a bridal and/or special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system and ability to use one.
Our most successful store managers are self-motivated individuals with upbeat, outgoing personalities and excellent communication skills. They’re capable of always serving our internal and external customers in a sincere, thoughtful, and encouraging way. Thank you for considering the opportunity to step up in this temporary role to assist your store! Love wins when love is for Everyone! Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable. Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.