- NOW HIRING
- NY - Long Island City
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
Exploring – STore Management
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
Finding the perfect wedding gown is every bride's dream. David's Bridal has been fulfilling this dream for more than seven decades, revolutionizing the way a bride purchases wedding fashion. Working at David's Bridal is an amazing experience that's different than other retailers because we make dreams come true every day. If you want to be a part of an exciting environment one day that celebrates life's happiest moments, you may want to consider joining our team in the future.
Your Future Opportunity
Today, we do not have any management opportunities available, but we believe in finding the best talent at David’s Bridal, and we welcome meetings to encounter successful individuals for future management openings. If you would be interested in a leadership opportunity with David’s Bridal one day, please consider a possible future with us. Working with brides is truly a rewarding experience, and unique from traditional retail. There are no denim walls, no knit or sweater tables to fold, and we do minimal floor moves throughout the year. We utilize our time building relationships with our teams and our special occasion customers.
The Alterations Manager leads all activities for the alterations room and reports to the Store Manager. The Alterations Manager assists the Store Manager in recruiting and interviewing Alterations Specialists, all levels and Alterations CSRs. S/he trains, coaches and motivates Alterations associates to provide superior customer service, make sales plan and achieve Hall of Fame status. S/he is a key holder and may periodically be responsible for opening the store and performing related responsibilities. S/he is a key member of the store management team and is a role model for store team members in demonstrating the values and qualities that characterize the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles.
- Holds the team accountable through assigning shifts, activities, reviewing results and providing feedback to maintain a five-star customer experience.
- Monitors individual team members performance and develops action plans for improvement through weekly performance discussions using, observations, customer review, mystery shops through coaching and development.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual selling skills, behaviors and processes.
- Coaches the team on how to achieve all set goals
- Drives customer loyalty by making clientele calls to maximize appointments, builds and provides customer service.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Store Manager, Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Builds relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Speakstoeverycustomerbeforetheyleavetovalidate theirexperience,resolving anyissues.
- Creates a climate in which team members want to do their best.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Maintainsstore-standardstosupportaflawlessshopping experience.
- Maintainsa highlevel for the dress codestandards.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with the Store Manager through key metrics.
- Floor Manager during peak sales times to offer fit and alterations consultations.
- Communicating daily sales goals to all Alterations team members
- Assists Store Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring Alterations associates.
- Trains Alterations Specialists in fitting and sewing techniques, building talent internally.
- Ensures ongoing product education for all Alterations team members.
- Supports an environment focused on training, retention, reward and recognition.
- Assists the Store Manager in educating stylists regarding gown/dress silhouette, garment fit, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning.
- Monitorsinventory management, special orders,mark outof stock,repairs,andensuring firstqualitystandardsforallmerchandise.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for all team members to ensure each team member has competed role specific training they need to be successful
- Ensures performance management strategy is implemented and consistent at all levels
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Store Manager, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance management strategy to improve individual performance and the team as a whole. Deals with performance issues directly and timely. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Is a focused listener who finds common ground.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist, stand and move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, accessing computers and initiating and receiving telephone calls. Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings to David’s Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- One-year prior management experience.
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in a bridal and/or special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system and ability to use one.
If you can manage, lead, and coach a sales-oriented team in a positive professional environment and can recruit and train a high caliber team, we would love to speak to you.
If you would like to help us make her dream come true every day - apply today for possibly tomorrow!
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.