Tax Manager - Hybrid
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Finance - Tax Treasury Reporting
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the corporate career that’s a perfect fit.
After 20 years with David’s Bridal, this opportunity is now available due to a retirement. If you are interested in taxes for the US, UK, and Canada, enjoy offering your expertise in a retail environment, and would like to report directly to our VP Tax, David’s Bridal may have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Tax Manager is responsible for managing various tasks as assigned by VP of tax pertaining to company’s U.S and International tax operations.
The Manager-Indirect Tax is responsible for managing the preparation, review and filing of corporate sales and use tax, personal property tax, real estate tax, and business licenses/registrations for the company’s U.S and International entities.
- Manage and oversee monthly and quarterly process of sales and use tax returns for the company’s US and international tax filings including Canada and UK.
- Manage and oversee annual personal property tax and corporate state business license & annual report process.
- Manage unclaimed property filings and audits as needed. File extensions as needed. Reviews tax liability accounts in general ledger and approves adjusting entries as assigned.
- Oversee and support any on-going sales and use tax and personal property tax audits. Respond to and manage federal, state, local, income/franchise/sales and use tax notices and audit requests.
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate with outside consultants on project timelines, facilitate information requests, review and approve prepared returns/documents as well as audit documentation.
- Manage and develop direct report(s) to ensure timely project completion as well as oversee day to day workflow and set expectations and priorities.
- Proactively develop and implement improved processes to minimize tax risk, enhanced controls, and increased accuracy of all tax filings.
- Handle other required company filings which may include business privilege tax, excise tax and foreign insurance tax.
- Maintain existing stores business licenses and ensure accuracy of the new store setup including obtaining sales tax permits and required business licenses.
- Must have great organization skills and general operational knowledge of certain sales tax engines including MS NAV and Avalara.
- Leads special projects as assigned, including research and written memo documentation.
- College Degree in Accounting required
Licenses / Certifications / Training:
- Prior retail experience preferred. CPA required
Years of related experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required skills & abilities:
- Attention to detail, time management, project management, technical learner, and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology.
- Ability to perform sedentary work. Ability to travel by car, rail or air.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.