Senior Director Demand Planning and Allocation
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Replenishment
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the corporate career that’s a perfect fit.
The Senior Director, Demand Planning and Allocation, will work closely with the Vice President, Planning and Inventory Management to lead the division’s demand planning/allocation team in partnering with the buying and merchandise planning team to implement inventory replenishment strategies to achieve sales, turn, and return-on-investment goals. The Senior Director analyzes the business and makes strategic recommendations on optimizing replenishment and inventory flow. The Senior Director partners with multiple cross-functional teams and senior leadership team.
· Responsible for the development of a thoroughly analyzed monthly production planning report, owning the process from leading a demand planning team to ensure settings are aligned with the merchant/planning team and overall division strategy through generation to reviewing/analyzing/reporting with senior planning management; partnering with the company’s overseas production partner to communicate the production planning report for fabric demand monthly.
· Responsible for building a demand and supply planning team, processes, and tools that can adapt to changing and/or competing priorities as we build and scale our business; Owns all forward-looking inventory forecasts at the sku level, which optimize customer satisfaction along with profitability. This leader will also own analytics and strategy to optimize inventory and maximize profit and order fulfillment.
· Works with logistics partners in managing supply chain. Responsible for making recommendations to leadership regarding supply chain optimization and execution. Superior communication skills to communicate high level visions to senior management and influence senior leaders across the organization. Translate business problems into technical solutions using heavy analytics and problem solving.
· Ensures his/her division’s Customer on Time Delivery maintains at or above 99% target by identifying opportunities and risks and proactively communicating with cross functional teams.
· Supervises day-to-day work, train, develop and manage performance of demand planning and allocation team, including making recommendations on hiring, counseling, review, promotions, and retention.
· Oversees the management of product from vendor/production planning to distribution center to store by ensuring proper set up and maintenance of the replenishment and allocation system.
· Makes recommendations toward flow to achieve in stock, service level or turn objectives. In partnership with the Merchandise Planning Senior Director and VP, Planning, and Inventory Management, provide input to receipt plans.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 10 plus years of increasingly responsible demand/replenishment planning experience.
Skills and Abilities:
· High levels of critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and comfort with ambiguity.
· Ability to communicate complex system and topics in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to use metrics to drive a culture of continuous improvement, conducting root cause analysis and develop plans to address them as needed.
· Experience building and maintaining cross functional business relationships.
· Experience managing performance and career development of direct reports.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.