Merchandise Planner - Dresses
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Planning Supply Chain
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
- Responsible for managing monthly open to buy, advise demand planner and buying team on inventory metrics, sales, margin, inventory and promotional changes.
- Make pre-season inventory management recommendations including assortment gaps, liquidations candidates, mix of novelty/fashion, and benchmarks for productivity.
- Make in-season recommendations/decisions on business approaches, including pricing, sales driving promotions, and inventory flow remediation.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on cost benefits of assortment expansions, changes, in pricing or promotional strategies, special programs, vendor diversification, and company-wide expansion of inventory.
- Define inventory, in partnership with buying team, that will achieve sales plan. Analyze and make recommendations on return on investment of styles/SKUs. Optimize markdowns and liquidations on underperforming merchandise. Provide analytical support on new and discontinued product sales variances from replenishment output in season. Act as liaison between buying team and demand planning team. Make decision to stop production or orders of under-performing styles/SKUs.
- Provide strong point of view in sales projection reviews with cross functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-2 years of related experience.
- 3 or more years in merchandise/demand planning.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Relationship Building.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Minimal Travel Required 1 – 2 times per year.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.