Front Desk Receptionist- Alterations
- NOW HIRING
- GA - Columbus
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
The Alterations Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a critical role for the successful operation of the Alterations department and completing tasks that contribute to providing superior customer service. The (CSR) is responsible for providing an A+ customer experience to David’s Bridal customers S/he reports to the Store Manager. The Alterations CSR is responsible for task that may include welcoming and servicing customers, making appointments, answering phones, pressing garments, and/or ensuring that items are ready for pickups.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm over the phone, virtual chats and in person, communicates clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving, excellent phone skills and resolving conflict.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver five-star customer experience.
- Meet all service vows including, Prepare, Welcome, Meet Needs & Be There for all customers, includes all operational checklist task and meeting customers emotional and practical needs.
- Responsible for providing an exceptional service experience to multiple customers at one time and contributes to the store achievement of Five-Star Customer Service. Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Effectively communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations.
- Promote all alterations services and personalization options.
- Maintain store-standards (clean, organized, promotional readiness, store recovery) to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Maintain high dress code standards as required by the Dress Code policy.
- Greet and escort all alterations customers to and from alterations for appointments.
- Press, steam and spot clean all merchandise.
- Follows quality control guidelines and inspects all garments altered/steamed/pressed to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer.
- Build long-term relationships to meet and exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Support inventory management by processing special orders, pick-ups and first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Supports all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions with accuracy to make sure every customer feels celebrated.
- Seeks assistance from the Alterations Manager to address customer issues that s/he is not able to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized alterations room.
- Performs duties and tasks as assigned by store management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist and stand; move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, steaming garments, accessing computers and receiving or initiating telephone calls. Manual dexterity to sew an perform fittings to David’s Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift/and or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer, electronic devices and phones for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 1-2 years prior retail experience in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior sewing experience is helpful.
- Prior experience with computerized POS (Point of Sale) system