- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Supply Chain - Buying
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the corporate career that’s a perfect fit.
The Senior Buyer is a buying expert with significant David’s Bridal buying experience who combines fashion awareness and knowledge of the David’s Bridal customer, business strategy, and industry with strong analytical skills and business acumen. The Senior Buyer is directly responsible for a merchandise category and manages a buying team that brings customers appealing products at David’s Bridal’s target mix of fashion, quality and price while achieving sales and financial goals. The Senior Buyer partners with the senior merchant team in developing overall product vision and strategy and guides the career development of associate and assistant buyers.
· Collaborate with planning team in development and implementation of financial goals, open to buy, and promotional strategies; do monthly projection review with planning to manage open to buy; and partner with planning to reforecast. In partnership with planning build assortment that has diverse, clear price points. Select and build an assortment of styles that achieve the target mix of fashion, quality and price; that coordinates across merchandise types; and meets the varying needs and preferences of the David’s Bridal customer. Review design sketches with vendor partners with eye to assortment and to choosing styles that will achieve plan.
· Develop product business strategy and goals in partnership with senior merchant team, identifying opportunities and developing solutions to meet or exceed goals.
· Partner with demand planning to manage assortment matrices for all stores; determine whether buys are targeted to certain stores or companywide.
· Collaborate with other buying divisions to ensure consistency across merchandise types.
· Analyze business to drive sales; confirm core continuing styles/items, identify markdowns and newness; reforecast as needed.
· Supervise day-to-day work; train, develop and manage performance of associate and assistant buyers and merchandising assistant, including making recommendations on hiring, counseling, review, promotion and retention.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 7 plus years related experience and/or training.
· A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
· Some travel required 1-2 times per quarter.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.