Senior Software Engineer
- NOW HIRING
- NY -
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Engineering
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our team members to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the corporate career that’s a perfect fit.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will champion their IT knowledge and help us tackle some of our largest requests in IT so far. A member of the team that will deliver fresh ideas with well – thought solutions to bring new light and expertise to our mission! Remote OK for this role.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for solving challenging technical problems within a project with little guidance or supervision and helping to ensure that your work product and that of other members of the team is of high quality and adheres to the defined architecture best practices of the company. The Senior Software Engineer will take direction from the Development Lead for the projects and partner closely with enterprise and technical architects and other team members to ensure that you understand and have internalized the high-level design of the proposed solution. The Senior Software Engineer will help to break the proposed implementation into chunks of work that can be executed with the other software engineers on the agile team and will work closely with the team to timely resolve complex issues to help maximize productivity. The Senior Software Engineer will partner with team members (Development Lead, Architects, and Product Owners) to help to ensure that the deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project as well as set an example and provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers to ensure their success and high productivity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute valuable work product as a software engineer on an agile development team, solving complex and challenging technical problems with little guidance or supervision. Serve as an engineering resource for software engineers on the team.
- Partner with team members and enterprise architects to understand and help to process through high-level architecture of a solution as defined by the architect and development lead, as well as epics and user stories, translating them into actionable items for yourself and other members. Work closely with the product owner or business liaison on the team to understand all functional requirements and to ensure that the work product of the team meets the customer and business objectives of the project.
- Monitor the work product of the software engineers on the agile team to ensure quality, velocity, and adherence to architectural designs and the software engineering standards of the company. Resolve technical issues on a timely basis to help ensure the continuous productivity of the team; in some cases, this will require you to lead design spikes in a project to investigate technically complex issues, identify optimal solutions, and then break these solutions into tasks that can be executed upon by the engineers.
- Surface any other issues on the project that impede the progress of the team – solving those issues that are within your control and driving other team members (such as the program manager, product owner, enterprise architect or QA lead) to solve issues before they impede the progress of the software engineers.
- Coordinate with other David’s Bridal agile development teams and/or external technology providers to ensure the delivery of their work product meets the functional and quality requirements we have defined; if this work product is a dependency for the success of your project, you will ensure its quality and timeliness so that it helps the progress of your team’s work. Help ensure adherence to best software engineering practices, such as code reviews and the development of unit tests for the work product of the team.
- Serve as an advocate of the agile development team – together with the technical development lead, program manager, QA lead, architect and product owner – helping to ensure a high functioning and cohesive team. You will foster an environment of mutual respect, accountability and excellence, and you will work with other team members to resolve conflicts within the team in a speedy, productive and professional manner.
- You will provide mentoring and guidance to help each software engineer contribute to the best of their abilities.
Education: BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related degree
Required Skills & Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in Magento 2, including custom module development, extensions, integrations and APIs.
- Previous involvement integrating with third-party API's and web services.
- Experience maintaining and supporting a Magento e-commerce site.
- Develop on the LAMP/LEMP stack using modern object-oriented PHP.
- Collaborate with other developers using a Git-based team workflow to branch, merge, and deploy changes as well as previous use of continuous integration and build tools such as Ansible, Docker, QuickBuild, or Jenkins, etc.
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices, design patterns and object-oriented technologies.
- Experience working in a DevOps model and with a variety of agile development methodologies like Scrum or Lean.
- Magento certifications a bonus.
Other Requirements: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with attention to detail. Strong time management, organization and meeting management skills. Ability to mentor and review the work of other software engineers. Ability to work as an agile team with both internal and 3rd party resources (onshore / offshore)
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar devise with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.