- NOW HIRING
- LA - Slidell
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Sales
OUR most wonderful time of the year is just getting started. Let the bridal holiday magic begin! Along with competitive pay and a great discount, our team members have unlimited earning potential. What could be better than that?
Here are some of the perks:
$500 sign on bonus*
25% store discount
$400 referral bonus for every friend hired with no limit*
Competitive pay rates
*Additional terms and conditions apply.
Be part of the magic—apply today!
The Dress Specialist is responsible for providing and maintaining a positive, friendly, empathetic, selling experience with all customers to ensure 5-Star Customer Service. They will be accountable for driving sales in our dress and accessory departments utilizing the 5-Step Selling Process and will Move, Plan, Observe to support our customers. They are experts in our bridesmaid and special occasion dress assortment, shoes, handbags, gifts and other accessories. The Dress Specialist reports to the Store Manager, in partnership with the Sales Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, friendly enthusiasm over the phone and in person, communicate clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver 5-star customer experience (myAppointments/myCustomers/Point of sale system). Use iPad tools to research and communicate this information to the customer.
- Responsible for providing 5-Star Customer Service to multiple customers at one time and contribute to the store achievement of 5-Star Customer Service. Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alterations services and personalization options.
- Ensure proper measurements are taken and entered for each event as required for ordering dresses and minimizing returns and exchanges.
- Maintains store-standards (clean, organized, promotional readiness) to support a flawless shopping experience. Report any broken or damaged equipment to store management.
- Maintain high dress code standards for her/himself per the Dress Code.
Analyzing & Decision Making
- Respond promptly to all customer questions providing thorough product and service information. Build relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain David’s Bridal hourly sales productivity standards by expertly utilizing the 5-Step Selling Process.
- Support all cash wrap behaviors and process transactions with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated. (Ask about shopping experience, sell additional add-ons and promote services, confirm contact information, review receipt/polices, and schedule all future appointments).
- Execute new processes, behaviors, contests, and programs as assigned.
- Perform duties and tasks as assigned by store management including: Promotion and sign set up, Merchandising and visual changes, Markdowns, and inventory counts.
- Adapt style to support team members and customers.
- Accurately clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Follow all loss prevention, security processes and policies.
Developing Self & Others
- Focus on own development and learning, complete all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Celebrate successes of team members.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or processes. Capitalize on feedback from coaching conversations with managers.
- Match words with actions to build trust and respect.
- Strive to achieve results through determination and commitment.
- Keep going during difficult or challenging times/situations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within and across teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer or electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
High school diploma or an equivalent degree. Having 1 -2 years prior retail experience in an apparel, service or specialty store environment and prior experience with computerized Point of Sale system preferred.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Part Time Benefits Include
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.