Retail Sewing Teacher full time Bonus eligible
- NOW HIRING
- IN - Ft. Wayne
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit. We’re looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Join a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail!
We Make Dreams Happen!
Lead Alterations Specialists are responsible for completing all fittings and alterations to the high standards of David’s Bridal and reports to the Store Manager. S/he is responsible for exemplifying friendly, knowledgeable, and technical expertise and providing superior customer service. Lead Alterations Specialists are members of the store team and demonstrate the value and qualities of the David’s Bridal brand.
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm over the phone, virtual chats and in person, communicates clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving, excellent phone skills and resolving conflict. Responds promptly to all customer questions by providing product and service information.
- Drives customer loyalty by making clientele calls to maximize appointments, builds and provides customer service. 70% for Bridal, 30% for Dress.
- Floor Manager during peak sales times to offer fit and alterations consultations.
- Assists stylists in closing sales by consulting with customers regarding gown fit and customization. Communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alteration services and personalization options.
- Lead and supervise over all alterations, fittings and sewing, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning of garments to company standards.
- Maintains quality control guidelines and inspects all garments altered/steamed/pressed to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer
- Trains Alterations Specialists in fitting and sewing techniques
- Ensures ongoing product education for all Alterations team members
- Communicate daily sales goals achieved to Store Manager
- Use all approved systems and processes to manage the customer’s flow to deliver a 5 Star Customer Experience
- Maintain high dress code standards per her/himself per the Dress Code
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (required or preferred):
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses / Certifications / Training: Prior sewing experience required, preferably in bridal and/or special occasion production environment.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years prior retail experience in an apparel or specialty store environment 3
Required Skills & Abilities: Fluent in English
Travel Requirements: Minimal Travel Required (1 X per year)
Other Requirements: Prior experience with computerized POS system and ability to use one
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, and reach
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Ability to move throughout the distribution center
- Ability to travel by car, rail or air
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Team Member Discount After First Pay Period
- Dayforce Wallet – Get Paid Early!
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is as representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.