Server & Storage Administrator Hybrid
- NOW HIRING
- PA - Conshohocken
- Corporate Careers
- Information Technology - Project Mgmt IT
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Server and Storage Administrator’s role is to administer and monitor all physical/virtual servers to ensure the stability, security, and integrity of the organization’s server infrastructure. The Server and Storage Administrator will also assist as needed in administering the full software patching process for all workstations and servers to ensure security of the infrastructure, availability of the applications, and compliance with regulatory and software license requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer, configure, install, monitor, tune, and optimize company server systems.
- Provide Level II support to the Desktop Support group to troubleshoot end-user workstation and server issues and provide timely resolution of assigned help desk tickets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to servers and storage.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document all server issues and outages.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with security, regulatory, and licensing audits and provide required documentation for audit compliance.
- Execute end-user server access control levels on all files, folders, and applications.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Assist in analyzing server utilization to develop and recommend capacity planning solutions.
- Assist as needed in patch implementation/deployment process
- Assist as needed to troubleshoot, resolve, and document all issues and outages resulting from patch deployment and/or security breaches.
- Assist as needed to ensure disaster recovery procedures and off-site software copies are modified when patches and updates are deployed.
- Coordinate relationships with equipment vendors and service providers.
- Assist as appropriate in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm
- Maintain on-call availability as scheduled.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring & supporting. physical/virtual servers.
- Hands-on server troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of the following products/systems is required:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Linux (Red Hat or Ubuntu)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Azure AD, and Group Policy
- VMWare ESX server and/or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology
- Microsoft Office Products including Visio
- O365 User management
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016/Exchange Online.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills combined with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to research server issues, standards and products as required.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, and reach
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.