- NOW HIRING
- IA - Des Moines
- Store Hourly Careers
- Retail - Alterations
We are looking to grow our Alterations business to be 25% of our top line sales in the next 2-4 years, and we are looking for talented seamstresses with multiple skill sets to champion this growth! Our most successful Alterations Specialists, from beginner to expert level, are self-motivated individuals with a passion for sewing and fitting. They love special occasion fashion and have expertise on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit possible. Through the Alterations Specialist skills, vision, and informed recommendations, they provide support to our customers and the confidence they need to help choose the “one”!
If you would like to be part of a bridal company that dominates their industry – 1 out of 3 dresses being sold by them, and with one of the highest customer service scores, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal! Join to earn additional income, to benefit from a great discount, or to be part of something unique and special!
The Alterations Intern will be immersed and exposed to all facets of the alterations business through servicing our Bridal and Dress customers. The Alterations Intern will be expected to assist with all the aspects of the alterations management process, from learning how and when a product is sold, what happens when it is received by the store and be engaged with our customers at their first fitting through final pickup. The Alterations Intern will learn the procedures and policies of the Alterations workroom. They will gain an understanding of the retail business by learning and completing skill level assessments, plus doing repetitive applications under the guidance of the Alterations Manager and other experts in the department. The Alterations Intern will be increasing their skill sets by preparing garments for sewing by hand and machine, pressing, steaming and customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with Customers by phone and in person on the sales floor.
- Attend Fittings (first fittings and pickups)
- Assist the Alterations Manager and the alterations team with all workroom duties and responsibilities.
- Gain experience and exposure to hand sewing and machine sewing projects.
- Experience the art of pressing/steaming and packaging the final products for our customer’s events.
- Assist with documentation for productivity, supply and inventory analysis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Alterations Intern is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time. You will need to reach for tools and objects with hands and arms, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear customers. S/He must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The Alterations Intern must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception.
Education & Credentials:
- Enrolled in a full or part time degree program, or recently graduated and needs educational credit.
- Have an interest in garment construction with some sewing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrate initiative along with a positive attitude.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Part Time Benefits Include –
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Team Bonus
- Dayforce Wallet – Get Paid Early!
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Vision Care
- Supplemental Insurances- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accidental Injury
- 401K Program
- Discount for Identity Theft Protection
- Discounts Home and Auto Insurance
- Discounts Mobile
- Legal Benefits (MetLife Hyatt Legal Plans)
- Pet Insurance
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.